Thursday 27 November 2014

Contest Winner! 'The Caretaker Does His Job' by Olivia

As promised I will be posting the winning entries of the writing competition over the next few weeks. First up is 'The Caretaker Does His Job!' by Olivia in 4J.

This was one of the poetry winners and it was a clear winner from the start. The poem really captures the voice of a grumpy caretaker and has a brilliant twist. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did. Well done Olivia!


The Caretaker Does His Job!

Stop messing around
Get out of the hall
What are you doing
at this time at school?
No one should be in
the Head made it clear
Stop dancing around
and come over here.

I saw you earlier
this afternoon
You'll be in deep trouble
Stop smirking like that
and give me your name
I was young once
I know your game
You act too bad,
then go off and boast.
Now where have you gone?
You're what?

THE SCHOOL GHOST?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment